Friday, January 7, 2011

Ready Set Goal!

Goal setting is something that I need to work on, so as I set my goals I will put that at #1. Keeping on track with my goals will be something that I will ask Google to help me with. Do I put sticky notes all around my house to look at all day? No that would drive me nuts. Well, that is the only thing I know people do to keep on track with their goals besides making a dream board, which won't work because all it would have on it is pictures of cute designer jeans, not enough to keep on track for me. First lets make some goals!

Goals for 2011:
#1. Make some Goals.
#2. Google to find out how better to stay on track with my goals.
#3. Change my diet to Clean healthy foods.
#4. Run my 1st 5K
#5. After first 5K move on to one hour running program.
#6. Alternate strength training with my cardio workouts. (I am a weeny don't like to lift weights)
#7. Keep on track with above goals and the extra 40lbs I am carrying will come off!

That is a good start on setting goals, as the year goes on I will add more goals to the list especially after I accomplish goal #2.

Back to getting healthy, yesterdays workout had to be quick only had 30 minutes to get-er-done. At the gym I did the elliptical for 30 minutes, went 2.6 miles and burned 308 calories at least that is what the machine said.

Today I ran for 3.2 miles it took about 45 minutes, but a nice couple walking stopped me to chat for a couple minutes about what houses were the meth heads and what house was where the state patrolman lives. They also advised me to not run alone without my dog and not to run in the dark!!! Advice taken! Getting back to my run, today I burned approximately 200-400 calories not sure, but good news is I ordered my Garmin Gps watch that will help me keep track of all that!

Yesterday I weighed in at 172.8 if I can get under 170 this week I will be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorna,
    Good Luck in your very ambitious goals. If I did half of what I read I'd be dead, but you are very inspiring and I am looking forward to reading about your progress.

    ReplyDelete