Friday, July 1, 2011

P90X

Been a long time since I have blogged!!! What have I been up to lately?? Let's see my running has improved quite a bit since my 5K I am up to 5 miles or more, signed up for a half marathon in November and I am also doing the Susan G Koman 3 day walk in September. Lot's of activity happening for me, but my new baby is P90X!!!! Oh my goodness if I would have known how great this program was, in my own home no less,  I would have quit the gym long ago! No more gym membership for me. This program is intense! It also works, works fast too. By the end of week 2 I was a size smaller and never hungry, the estimated calorie level for me is 1700 calories a day. The program works on muscle confusion with 12 different dvds to switch up the workouts. It consists of a lot of push-ups in a lot of different ways and pull ups as well. The key to doing this program for beginners is to modify the moves. I am on my 3rd phase (it has 3 phases with 3 weeks of one schedule and the 4th week is recovery week which is mostly cardio) I still do push-ups on my knees and use a chair for my pull ups by modifying I am able to do the workouts without getting discouraged. Really looking forward to the end result!!

No comments:

Post a Comment